Rodas Grandes - Trotinetes
Scootering With Large Wheels
As a practical and efficient means of transportation in the cities, large-wheeled scooters are growing in popularity. Scootering to work or to school allows kids and adults to get fresh air and exercise while avoiding traffic jams and overcrowded buses.
While some see scooters as a platform for tricks and stunts, others primarily use them for commuting. The focus of this category is mostly on scooters as transportation devices, but that does not exclude fun and games! In fact, commuting on scooters is a source of fun, exercise, mindfulness, and action.
Getting the Right Commuter Scooter
Not all kick scooters are built for commuting. A good commuting or cruising scooter should have large wheels that provide speed and smooth rides even on rougher surfaces. In addition, it should be convenient to carry it along everywhere you go.
If you are shopping for a big-wheeled scooter, you should look for one that is practical and convenient for the specific purposes that you intend to use it for. Important factors to consider include:
- Wheel size: Larger wheels are good for longer distances, whereas smaller wheels are more agile.
- Wheel material: Soft wheels provide a good grip and roll smoothly on rough surfaces. Harder wheel materials are better for smoother surfaces, and they have less friction and grip.
- Adjustability: Can the height of the bar be adjusted to have the exact height that you need in order to ride comfortably?
- Weight and foldability: Can you fold the scooter and is it light enough to carry when needed?
- Maximum rider weight: Does your weight fall within the recommended user weight limit for the scooter?
Since you will be scootering in traffic, wearing a helmet is a must, so remember to check out our vast selection of Scooter Helmets.
If you are looking to purchase a commuting scooter, please head over to our Big Wheels Scooters.
For spare parts to repair your big wheels scooter, please go to our Kick Scooter Parts & Accessories.